Friday, May 21, 2010

AMC recasts Bianca.

I'm a daughter, granddaughter, and sister of soap opera watchers. So naturally growing up, I was one too. One of my mother's "soaps" is All My Children, I grew up specifically watching this show. I remember the episode when Bianca came out. This storyline was also close to home for me. I always enjoyed the younger storylines since I was a younger viewer, but when Bianca came out as a teenage lesbian I was 16 years old closeted lesbian.

I watched and followed all her crazy storylines for years, though my adolescence and into my adulthood. I have my favorites (relationships with Maggie and later Reese) and my not so favorites (the rape/pregnancy and Zarf/Zoey bullshit). Whenever I hear about Bianca's return to Pine Valley I always make sure to turn in. 

When the filming of All My Children was moved to Los Angeles recently,  there was speculation that Eden Regal would return as Bianca, since the actress lives there. But alas, Eden was hired on another soap and the thought of Bianca's return quickly went away.

I know re-casts happen often in soaps, but I truly thought of Bianca as one of the un-re-castables. Apparently I was wrong.

We last saw Bianca returning to Paris after patching things up with Reese who she recently married in the first same sex wedding in daytime.


I'm not aware of the circumstances of Bianca's return. But I will give it a chance. There are few gay/lesbian characters on tv, so I have to get my fix when I can. At least they look similar... 

And how did I not know this existed? Amazing. Pratt Falls is a blog/webseries that is pro Bianca and discusses the failure of a specific writer at All My Children in regards to the Bianca storylines. Check it out if your a Bianca fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment